Face a Day Challenge


Hello everyone!

I’m here today to talk to you about the Face a Day Challenge that starts in February.
I followed Kae Pea these past two years for this challenge and I enjoyed it so much that I’m going to do it again this year.


For those who don’t know Kae Pea: She is a wonderful artist with a unique style. She is the owner of a rubber stamps company called RubberMoon . Her creative space is The Moon and the Maker .
These past two years she showed a different technique every day and I guess she will do the same this year on Patreon.

The first year I did this challenge in 2018, I tried most of the techniques Kae Pea demonstrated according to the supplies I had. Then, by curiosity, I had looked online about faces/portraits. As a result, I found others artists that I like and I have tried their styles and techniques.
This challenge is a great source of inspiration and an opportunity to get creative, to learn how to draw faces with different techniques using different paints, materials, mediums in order to achieve different styles.
It really is for everyone, beginners or people who are more advanced.
I cumulated different art supplies with years but knows that even if you don’t have any art supplies, you can still just draw faces with just a pencil, pen, maker, whatever you like and get inspired…
Personally, the most important for me doing this challenge is to RELAX, HAVE FUN and BE CREATIVE!
So…I encourage you to give it a try. It is worth it…

If you think that you can’t do it…let me tell you something…the key to master something, and I think it’s true for anything, is to give it a try and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE…
Another challenge for doing this is to find some time. Believe me, I know what I’m talking about as I have two kids under 5 years old and, most of the time, the only time, I have for myself, is when they go to bed.  It really depends what is your will and goal… but 10-15mins of practice is sometimes all you need. In 2019, it happened that I was not able to find some time or I was to tired to make something. So...I just didn't do it every day. That's all I can say...

If you are interested in seeing what I made these past two years, you can watch the video below from my Youtube channel. The first video, ever!, I published on Youtube. There is a first time for everything, right! Hope you will enjoy watching it!





Thanks for stopping by and taking some time to read my post.

See you soon!



Comments

  1. EMILIE!! This is so wonderful. I am so very honored and "Thank you" seems hardly enough to say! <3 I am so excited to be doing this again and it is even more special that YOU are here with me!!!
    xokp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say THANK YOU to you! I enjoy so much doing this challenge with you again this year. I couldn't do otherwise than give you credit for being the initiator and the maker. You also challenged me, without even knowing it, by making this video for YouTube. The hardest thing I have ever done! LOL...

      Delete
  2. So wonderful! Both of you ladies (Emilie and Kae Pea) are so inspirational! Maybe I'll do a book of the faces like you this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!. You are going to enjoy it, I'm sure! You will feel such an accomplishment doing it, you'll see...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts