Flowers Mini Art Journal

Hi everyone!

I'm here to show you a mini art book I made last month! I already posted some pictures and a video on my social media but I realized that I forgot to post it here on my blog. Better late than never, right! So here it is! 

Mini Art book with handmade carved stamps

During the summer, I started to carve my own stamps. I was in a mood for carving some flowers. I wanted to do that for a while. Finally, I had some time to play and let my creativity flow go.

I'm always amazed how sometimes spontaneity can be my best friend. I had no plans. I just started to play with the stamps I carved and some watercolors.  I have no idea that it could have led to this when I started.

I worked on a 9x12 piece of 90 lbs watercolor paper cut in 3 strips (4x12). Then I folded the strips equally in the length. Finally I assembled them with strong tape to get an accordion book. I usually used 140lbs watercolor paper. As I just wanted to stamp them with watercolors and see what I could get, in that case I usually like using lightweight watercolor paper.

The cover has been made with two pieces of thick cardboard and a piece of old jeans. I often use the cardboard I kept from paper pads, packaging or cereal boxes. The piece of jeans has been simply glued with Tacky glue on the cardboard. I used a piece of coton fabric to cover the inside. Then, I only glued the last page of my accordion on the right inside cover.

I love how this flowers mini art book tuned out. (more photos and video below). That is really my favorite thing to do: making art book/journal.

Most of the time, I think that the simplest things are the best.








Youtube video



Hope it gets you inspired...

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Emilie

Follow me on Instagram or on Facebook @fabricandscrapdazur for more inspiration



Comments

Popular Posts